Orientation trip 2017 – United States of America and Cuba
The Mondriaan Fund has been organizing orientation trips for visual artists and mediators to Asia, Latin America and Africa since 2004. The trips are aimed at exchange and cooperation between visual art professionals. The goal of this orientation travel is to extend international networks and contacts, and to stimulate the international dialogue between art professionals.
The 2017 trip takes place from 5 November until 17 November. The group will visit the United States of America (Houston, New Orleans and Miami) and Cuba (Havana). During the travel a blog will be updated. The trip is organized in cooperation with Flanders Arts Institute (since 2007), the Danish Arts Agency and Pro Helvetia (since 2011).
Participants selected by the Mondriaan Fund for the orientation trip of 2017:
– Roel Arkesteijn (curator and autor)
– Dina Danish (visual artist)
– Remy Jungerman (visual artist)
– Xander Karskens (artistic director of Cobra Museum)
– Ilga Minjon (curator and educator)
– Vincent van Velzen (art critic and curator)