Conditions apply to International Art Presentation
-The main purpose of the non-Dutch institution must be to show contemporary visual art. Institutions that are predominantly focussed on the sale of work are not eligible.
-Commercial galleries are not eligible for the International Art Presentation grant. Galleries that present artists from the Netherlands at art fairs outside the Netherlands can apply for International Art Fair grant.
-If the application concerns the production of new work, the foreign institution is expected to include a realistic honorarium for the artist or artists in the budget, accompanied by an explanation of how that amount was decided on. The artist honorarium is paid by the institution.
-If a foreign institution involves a guest curator from the Netherlands in the project, the latter must have been professionally active as a curator in the field of contemporary visual arts for at least 2 years, as demonstrated by their curriculum vitae.
Artist or artists
-The International Art Presentation grant can only be awarded for presentations by living artists who are artistically and intrinsically active and embedded in the professional visual arts in the Netherlands.
-The artist whose work will be shown:
– has been working as a professional artist for at least 1 year and is registered with the Kamer van Koophandel (KvK, Chamber of Commerce), or
– has completed at least 3 years of higher art education (HBO) and has been working as a professional visual artist for at least 1 year, or
– has worked as a professional artist for at least 3 years.
– as an exception, an International Art Presentation grant may be requested by a foreign institution to show work by visual arts master students or participants in post-academic programmes.
– if the artist has to pay for participation in the presentation, then those costs cannot be covered by the grant.
– The guest curator from the Netherlands must have been professionally active as a curator in the field of contemporary visual art for at least 2 years, as demonstrated in their curriculum vitae.