The amounts must be stated exclusive of VAT (BTW). The grant from the Mondriaan Fund is awarded exclusive of VAT, unless the applicant is not liable for VAT. In the latter case, a statement to that effect from the Tax and Customs Administration (‘Belastingdienst’) should be sent.
The Mondriaan Fund asks that you provide a clear and specified overview of the variable project costs:
- The total costs must equal the overall level of financial cover, including the contribution from the Mondriaan Fund. The budget must therefore be balanced;
- Crucial items should be supported as much as possible by quotations;
- The total budget is at least € 25,000. Unless stated otherwise in the online explanation of the grant and with the exception of feasibility studies.
- The maximum contribution from the Mondriaan Fund is 40%, unless otherwise stated in the online explanation on the scheme on the website.
The budget may only contain variable project costs and therefore no fixed overheads of your organisation such as its own employees, management expenses or other fixed costs (this is only permitted in the case of Programmes Art Platform applications).
Possible cost items are:
The Mondriaan Fund asks that you provide a clear and specified overview of the financial cover:
- Your own revenues, such as entry fees, publication income, sponsorship (in kind or otherwise), or crowdfunding;
- Applicant’s own contribution;
- Contribution from third parties, such as the various public and private funds, local authority, provincial government;
- The grant requested from the Mondriaan Fund.
Bear in mind that:
- If the grant requested from the Mondriaan Fund is €125,000 or greater, you should include in your budget the costs of an approved audit report by an independent accountant;
- If your organisation is liable for VAT, the VAT will not be paid by the Mondriaan Fund. The amounts must therefore be stated exclusive of VAT.
- The financial cover may not include any capitalised labour.
- In case a contribution is awarded, a minimum of 80% coverage of the budget, including the contribution from the Mondriaan Fund, must be shown by means of grant letters from third parties before an advance on the contribution can be transferred.