1. The coronavirus means that the future has become more uncertain. Does it make sense to submit an application at this moment?
Yes, it certainly makes sense to submit an application. We hope that, in spite of the coronavirus crisis, everyone will keep doing that.
2. It is possible that the Corona crisis will affect my ability to complete my project. Can I discuss this possibility in my application?
If you already suspect that the corona virus may affect your ability to realize your project, you need to discuss this in your application. To what degree might it be affected and how are you coping with that possibility? In order to be approved for a project, a plan has to be achievable and practicable. If the project cannot be begun within a foreseeable time because of the corona virus, it is possible that the application will be refused.
3. When I submit my application for an Artist Project, do I need to take possible limitations because of the Corona virus into consideration?
Yes. It has to be possible to complete the project for which you are applying for support within a foreseeable amount of time. Your working plan should include an explanation of how you want to achieve that.
4. Is it worthwhile to apply for support for travel or a working period in another country during the Corona crisis?
Yes. But take into account any potential interference that the coronavirus may have on your plans. If the country you wish to travel to becomes subject to a negative travel advisory after you have applied, then the amount of support is still valid for the period covered in your application. If that negative travel advisory continues for the entire period, get in touch with your contact person at the Mondriaan Fund.
5. Can I apply for a project in a country for which there is currently a negative travel advisory (code red or orange)?
Yes, this is possible if you expect the negative travel advisory to change to positive in the foreseeable future. See also the answers given above. Mondriaan Fund regulations require that we not support projects in countries for which a negative travel advisory is in effect.
6. Can I submit physical documentation material with my application, such as, for example, with Artist Basic?
Because the committee meetings are currently largely held online, it is of no use to submit physical documentary material. All documentary materials must be uploaded in PDF format together with your application. You can make your own PDF or video of that material.
7. My final report has been submitted, but not yet approved. Can I start a new application?
In most cases, yes, you can. But to be certain, get in touch with the contactperson for the grant for which you have submitted your final report.