Visual artists, curators, art critics and art observers based in the Netherlands and the Caribbean part of the Kingdom.
The shortened application procedure for the Voucher International contribution means that applicants can quickly respond to an invitation from an internationally renowned contemporary visual art institution, platform, festival or symposium held abroad, to give e.g. a lecture, performance or workshop, or to participate on a panel.
The contribution is solely intended to cover travel and accommodation costs, up to a maximum sum of € 2,500.
How and when to apply
Applications may be submitted at any time of the year, provided sufficient budget remains. You will require an account in order to submit an application. New accounts can be requested on the website. Applications will be accepted a maximum of 4 months and a minimum of 5 weeks before the presentation. We aim to process all applications within 5 weeks, although the procedure can sometimes take longer. In no cases will a contribution be granted in retroaction.
Terms and conditions
- The artist, curator, art critic or art observer must have received an invitation from an internationally renowned contemporary visual art institution, platform, festival or symposium held abroad.
- It must be clear from the invitation that the institution, platform, festival or symposium is offering the artist, curator, art critic or art observer a fair remuneration for the lecture, workshop, performance or panel participation.
- The contribution cannot be used for research trips linked to (the preparation of) an exhibition or presentation, nor can the contribution be used for activities associated with a commercial gallery or an art institution, platform, festival or symposium that is primarily focused on sales.
- The contribution cannot be used for expenses for which an alternative Mondriaan Fund scheme is available.
The submitted application and appendices will be checked for completeness. A simplified assessment procedure is used for applications for the Voucher International contribution. Applications will be assessed based upon:
- The relevance of the lecture, performance, workshop or panel participation for the field.
- The quality of the internationally renowned contemporary visual art institution, platform, festival or symposium.
- The quality of the applicant’s artistic work.
- Motivation: does the applicant’s lecture, workshop, performance, etc. help raise the visibility and international appreciation of relevant contemporary visual arts from the Netherlands and/or the Caribbean part of the Kingdom (does the activity transcend the personal interest of the applicant).
We also acknowledge the vital importance of distribution, and can therefore not accept all applications for the same event. The Voucher International contribution is granted following approval from the Mondriaan Fund Board. Whether the contribution is awarded or not has no further consequences for other applications to the Mondriaan Fund.
In order to process your application, the Mondriaan Fund requires various information: details that you can enter in the application form and documents that you can upload. Below is a checklist outlining all of the required information, following the layout of the application form.
Tip: gather all of the required information before you start completing the online application form. Appendices can be uploaded as PDFs. Ensure you do not exceed the stated maximum number of pages.