This explanation is intended for Non-Dutch platforms for assistance with a presentation outside the Netherlands. Artists in the Netherlands who wish to apply for assistance with a presentation abroad can consult the Dutch explanation.
Artists who are artistically active in the visual arts and in that capacity are embedded in the professional contemporary visual arts practice in the Netherlands and/or the Caribbean part of the Kingdom (Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Saba, Sint Maarten and Sint Eustatius) who want to present work abroad, or internationally recognised art institutions outside the Netherlands or the Caribbean part of the Kingdom that want to show current work by living visual artists from the Netherlands and/or the Caribbean part of the Kingdom can receive a contribution.
With International Art Presentation, the Mondriaan Fund stimulates the knowledge and international appreciation of relevant contemporary visual art from the Netherlands and the Caribbean part of the Kingdom, so that the international position of visual artists from the Netherlands and the Caribbean part of the Kingdom is strengthened.
- Costs that enhance the visibility of the work and are not otherwise in the regular budget of a presentation. This can include a guest curator, travel and lodging expenses for participating artists and/or curator, transport and related insurance costs, production costs and/or translation costs;
- Costs for the production of new work.
- Travel costs (return) for the artist(s) and/or (guest) curator for a single production trip and a single trip to be present at the opening of the presentation;
- A maximum of € 1000 per person for the participating artists and/or guest curators from the Netherlands, towards lodging;
- Transport and insurance expenses during transport of the work being presented;
- A maximum of 50% of the production costs of new (site-specific) work commissioned by the non-Dutch art institution;
- A maximum of 25% of costs of the publication associated with the presentation;
- A maximum of 50% of the translation costs of subtitling a film.
You can apply at any time of the year through the Mondriaan Fund’s online application system. You can request an account on the website, which you need to submit an application. Please take into account a processing period of 3 months from the moment the application has been fully submitted. However, due to the many applications to the fund, the processing time can take longer than expected. A contribution cannot be awarded retroactively.
This grant is based on the deelregeling Kunst Presentatie Internationaal (in Dutch).
The submitted application and attachments will be checked for completeness by employees of the Mondriaan Fund. If this is approved, the application will be submitted to the members of the committee that advises on awarding an International Art Presentation contribution.
An International Art Presentation contribution can only be awarded if the advisory committee gives a positive recommendation. If the recommendation is positive, the advisory committee can make a suggestion about the amount of the contribution and the period over which it will be provided.
Unfortunately, due to a limited budget, the Mondriaan Fund cannot always honour all positive recommendations. In that case, the board of the Mondriaan Fund asks the advisory committee to rank the positive recommendations in order of priority. This means that it is possible for an application to be positively assessed, but that no contribution is awarded.
To process your application, the Mondriaan Fund needs information. All of this information can be submitted in the application form itself, along with documentation that you can upload. Here below is a checklist that follows the layout of the application form and contains all the information required.
Tip: collect all your information before you start filling out the online application form. Your attachments should be uploaded as PDFs. Please note: make sure that your documents meet the stated conditions. Otherwise, we will unfortunately not be able to process your request. Do not exceed the number of pages where a maximum is indicated.
When you are applying as a visual artist in the Netherlands, please consult the Dutch explanation of the grant 'Kunst Presentatie Internationaal'.